Thursday 15 November 2012

Chilling with Owls by Nature

This past week-end, I discovered a great Canadian band: Owls by Nature. I first heard of this group two weeks ago, after their PR rep contacted Couch Assassin to see if we would feature their upcoming show in Ottawa. I volunteered to do a quick write-up about the band. After writing a post about their show at the Rainbow Bistro, I was eager to check out the band.


The band has been touring across Canada on an ongoing basis for two years and they are currently promoting their second album "Everything is Hunted". 

This past Sunday, an old friend and I headed to the Rainbow to see the show. First of all, the Rainbow Bistro is an amazing venue. I cannot believe that I had never gone to see shows there before. Clearly, I've been missing out!

The boys of Owls by Nature put on a really energetic show. They sure know how to have fun on stage. You can't help but enjoy yourself when listening to their blend of folk-rock.

Later that evening, my husband joined to catch the rest of the show. As soon as he showed up, he took one look at the banjo player and said "That looks like Cory". After the show, we had the chance to talk with the guys and turns out, the husband was right. Cory is indeed in the band! Gaston recognized him from playing local bars back home in Moncton a few years ago.

What a great group of guys! Be sure to check out the band when they play your town. Here's their latest video, for the song "Hurricane".


No comments:

Post a Comment