Thursday 2 August 2012

Countdown to Osheaga: Bloc Party

In 3 short days, I will be heading to Montreal for Osheaga. Yesterday, I was listening to Passion Pit. Today, I am rocking out to Bloc Party.

When I originally saw the line-up for Osheaga, I was blown away. Having never gone to Osheaga before, I decided that I would go this year, for at least one of the three days of the festival.

If you've seen the amazing acts that are playing, you can imagine how hard it was to choose the ONE day of this amazing festival that I would attend. Although it was challenging, I decided to go Sunday because there were a lot of great bands that were playing. However, the major selling point for me on Sunday was definitely Bloc Party.

See, Bloc Party is a group that I really enjoy even though I don't tend to listen to their music on a regular basis. I feel like I need to be in a specific type of mood to listen to their music. Although I do not own all their albums, I do love the handful of albums that are neatly stored in my iPod (especially the remix versions of Intimacy and Silent Alarm).

I honestly never thought I would have the opportunity to ever see these guys live, especially when lead singer Kele started his solo project. However, the group is back to it, and they have a new album dropping on August 20th. It'll be fun to check out their new material prior to their album release. I am really looking forward to this show.

Here's an oldie (but a goodie). Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment