Tuesday 5 November 2013

Paradise (Not For Me)

I recently came back from a "vacation" in Mexico. I use the term "vacation" loosely... Although I love the beach, I am not a resort type of gal. I tend to get bored easily and I don't like to sit around and do nothing.

Despite this, I went to Mexico for 8 days for a family vacation and to take part in my aunt's wedding. It was a good trip. However, while I was in Mexico, I missed a few shows.

Irish pop duo Heathers played at Zaphod's. I was lucky enough to see them live this past summer at Cafe Dekcuf and I was floored. Not only are they gorgeous and charming but they are extremely talented. Check them out; I guarantee that you will not be disappointed!

Image courtesy of entertainment.ie

Plants and Animals played a show at the Museum of Nature as part of the Nature Nocture event.  I really enjoy Plants and Animals and their show last Spring was great. In addition, I was able to interview the band for Couch Assassin before their show, which was awesome!

Another show I wanted to check out was the Darcys and Still Life Still playing at Zaphod's. I had the opportunity to see them live this past summer in Toronto as part of Arts & Craft's Field Trip. I really enjoyed the Darcys and was sad to miss them play Ottawa. Turns out that both the Darcys and Still Life Still cancelled their appearance at the show, and Winchester Warm headlined the show with Loon Choir as the supporting act. Both these bands are fantastic (and local) so check them out!

Although I am happy I went to Mexico, I am thrilled to be back and quite sad about the shows that I missed. Since my return, I've been trying to catch up with all the fun stuff I missed.

Paradise is not for everyone.Here's a song that reflects my feelings well. And, although it's not my favourite Madonna track by a long shot, it's very fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment