Tuesday 8 October 2013

Checking Out Irene's Pub

This past weekend, I went to Irene's Pub to check out bands for the very first time. I had been at Irene's once before with some friends to grab some brunch. However, I knew it was about time I checked out this local musical hot spot.

On Sunday, we went to Irene's to check out Dang Guilty. This trio plays an awesome mix of rockabilly, country and bluegrass music. It's entertaining as hell! Make sure to check them out next Sunday!


Earlier that week-end, I checked out Miss Polygamy and Garden of Weeds at Irene's. Before that, I hit up Ribtoberfest on Sparks street, where Ilvekyo was playing a free show. James, who plays the stand up bass with Dan Guilty also plays with this group. I first saw Ilvekyo on the rooftop of Jack Pine this summer.


I really liked Irene's and I will definitely be back. You can check Dang Guilty every Sunday at Irene's for the month of October. See you at Irene's!

No comments:

Post a Comment