Tuesday 3 September 2013

Julie Goes to Folkfest

The Ottawa Folk Festival starts tomorrow. Yep, it's already that time of year!

Last year's festival had an incredible lineup, and I got the festival pass for the great price of $100. That's amazing for 5 days of live shows. The amazing performers I saw last year include Matthew Good, Patrick Watson, Yukon Blonde, LP and Dan Mangan. Check out my reviews from last year's shows here.

This year's lineup did not appeal to me as much as last year's. The only artist I was really looking forward to checking out this year was Neil Young and Crazy Horse. I have never seen Neil Young live before, so I was thrilled. However, it was announced recently that the band will no longer perform due to an injury to the band's guitarist. Safe to say, I was heartbroken. It was announced later that City and Colour would replace Neil Young's headlining spot tomorrow.

Although I won't be going to every night of the festival, I will be checking out a few shows and writing about them for Sors-tu. Some bands that I am excited to check out are Born Ruffians, the Sheepdogs, the Avett Brothers and Leif Vollebekk.

See you at Folkfest! What bands are you looking forward to checking out?

No comments:

Post a Comment