Sunday 14 April 2013

Broken Music Festival Dreams


Although I was semi-impressed with the Osheaga lineup, I decided that I will not be buying the full festival pass this summer as I had originally planned. There are a few artists that I would like to see. However, the price for a festival pass is a bit steep when you only want to check out a handful of bands.

Image: www.glidemagazine.com
However, this year's edition of Lollapalooza has a phenomenal lineup. Before tickets for Lollapalooza went on sale, my partner and I discussed a possible trip to Chicago to check out the renowned music festival. Unfortunately, it did not seem like a feasable idea for this year so my music festival dreams fell apart. In addition, festival passes and individual tickets all sold out soon after they went on sale. It was insane!

Yes, some of the headliners of Lollapalooza are the same as Osheaga. However, there are more bands that I genuinely want to see. Some of these include Nine Inch Nails, the Killers, Major Lazer, the Postal Service, Band of Horses, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, among others. I'm really sad that I will be missing this festival. To all those of you going: I am jealous beyond words!

But who knows? Maybe during the summer 2014, I will be traveling to Chicago. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment