Thursday 24 January 2013

... And Then Life Happens

I am a person who likes to plan things. I guess that's why I like being an event planner. I like having things planned out in order for me to feel comfortable. When something unexpected comes up, it steers me off course. Usually, I can bounce back quickly but it still throws me off my game temporarily.

Some things you just can't plan for. Something unexpected, like death.

Most times, we take life for granted. I am one of these people too, I admit it. However, nothing puts things in perspective like losing a friend.

So this week-end, I will not be going to the Ellie Goulding show as planned. I will be flying home to the Maritimes and attending my friend's funeral. And the next time I see my loved ones, I'm going to hold them tightly and tell them I love them.

Rest in peace. See you on the other side, buddy.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your loss.

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete